Using DBWeaver with Nile
This guide will walk you through the steps to connect to Nile using PSQL.
- Create a Nile’s Postgres database through the UI or use one of your existing databases to follow along.
- Once you are inside a specific database, click on the settings tab on the left and navigate to the connections screen
- Click on the Postgres icon to get the connection string
- Click “Generate credentials”. Use this if you really want to simplify the access. If not, you can replace the username and password manually and use that through commandline.
- There are four parts of this url that is needed to connect to DBWeaver
psql postgres://018bd797-ed9d-7c02-bec4-dac1179c29fd:firstname.lastname@example.org:5432/diplomatic_axe host:db.thenile.dev database:diplomatic_axe username:018bd797-ed9d-7c02-bec4-dac1179c29fd password:d68af75e-47cb-4354-ada4-98abe7d8015c
- Navigate to DBWeaver. Select to connect to a new database
- Pick Postgres as the choice of database
- Enter the host, database, username and password from step 5
- Press OK and DBWeaver should automatically connect to Nile’s Postgres
- Enjoy exploring Nile with DBWeaver